Monday, October 10, 2011

The Interlude



Ever since you are gone
The ink has dried
My ability to pen my words into anything useful
Has died

I don’t feel pain,joy ,fear ,Sadness , hot or cold…
Neither do my words
Feel restless when untold

Those days when I wrote endlessly and you just looked on
Cheered, smiled, chided and pushed me to go on

The days you read up anything I wrote
Like water soaked by sponge
Gave me the confidence that
I can never go wrong

The way you slithered your hands on my writings
pointed out mistakes, goof-ups
laughed aloud together and
criticized the regular, mundane and sly things…

Ever since you are gone..
My words have lost their worth and meaning
Songs have lost music and
Heart has lost feeling

I just miss the manner in which
your eyes would say
and my hand would start to write
as if I cannot control its motion
it is working on divine might


How can I write now that you are no longer here….
My expressions are slurred
My vision ain’t clear
My mind shudders
My heart quivers

How can I write now that you are gone
My motivation, my confidence, my reasoning..
Have left me alone…

I run my hand frantically through what I write
Wondering If I can see you
Smiling through my words
And feel the connect of your fingers
Where they touched my words

The curves of your hand, the
 Knitting of the brow
The soft casual whisper
Telling me what is right
I ask myself, is there any reason anymore
Any cause to write???

No comments: